Sage is a group of Christians from a number of churches in the Oxford region with a particular concern for our Lord’s Creation. Since Sage was formed in 1990 we have been involved in a whole variety of activities:
1) Regular newsletters (Sage Words) on topics such as global warming, sustainable development and simple living.
2) We have organised walks- most recently “Walk with the Creator”.
3) We are involved in conservation tasks, particularly at a local nature reserve Boundary Brook Nature Park.
4) We have given presentations to interested groups. We have taken services in a wide variety of settings, including for Environment Sunday.
5) We have organised weekends and longer trips away, both in the UK and in Europe. The most recent trip was Portugal 2005
6) We run regular prayer meetings.
7) We keep you informed of the LATEST News concerning Christian environmental topics from our region and beyond. Sage now has a Facebook group. You will need to register to join it, but if you are already a member you can find it at: Sage Facebook Group
8) We support other local Christian initiatives such as the Ss Mary & John churchyard , Averil Stedeford’s Ecohouse and The Chiltern Gateway Project. We have also been involved in the conferences “Climate Change: How Christians Respond” and Operation Noah in Oxford, and provided web space for them. In addition we support the Certificate in Christian Rural and Environmental Studies (CRES) which is now based at Ripon College, Cuddesdon, nr. Oxford.